Ms Dorries,
Your blog post today has upset an awful lot of unemployed and disabled Twitter users for whom the internet is often the only social interaction they have on a daily basis. You have been variously labelled 'obscene', 'prejudiced' and 'disgraceful' by several disabled Twitter friends of mine, some of the more excitable people you have offended are currently debating if you were a member of the Stasi in a former employment.
Your opinion has upset me and I'm an able bodied full time employed person so I can only imagine how angry some of the people you've unfairly all but called scroungers.
Whilst I appreciate that there are a small minority of unemployed people who don't want to work, the majority of unemployed people I know have been made so as a result of the current financial situation or their personal health, indeed, I'm currently under threat of redundancy for the 5th time in 2 years, I wonder if I were unlucky enough to be made redundant or fall foul of ill health and therefore unable to find a job, would you label me a workshy layabout because I use Twitter too?
As for your sneering comment about not wanting a Twitter account, please bear in mind that just because you don't see the attraction, others do so I would suggest that you not mock or sneer at the personal choices of others as it shows a disturbing lack of tolerance for a diverse population who may choose to enjoy themselves in ways you don't understand.
3 comments:
She might not tweet, but she certainly blogs more than most in a day!
Not really paid much attention to her - although I am amused at her anti Bercow campaign!
And, unless I'm mistaken, she has comments disabled.
Not so much a way to engage with her constituents and the wider public, perhaps, as a way of lecturing them?
Oh Ms Dorries is a lovely person, she embraces web 2.0 when it suits her, she had a Twitter account in the run up to the election apparently.
I can understand why she's got comments disabled though, just a pity she's not got mouth disabled.
Post a Comment