Friday, 3 September 2010

All I want for Christmas...

Strong shoulders, I got them....

About a month ago we got a letter detailing a review of the 'service delivery model' which contained, in essence, the news that we might be replaced by cheaper monkeys who would work for less peanuts as long as our poor battered customers didn't complain too much (which they do, but see no, hear no and speak no all work at head office along with Damn? I don't give one).

This past weekend a letter arrived telling us all that the customers hadn't upped and left (yet) after being subjected to the lower cost monkeys and that the shareholders were rubbing their hands together with glee at the thought of higher dividends. The upshot is that we're all facing redundancy again with the news that there will be 'significant numbers' going. This time there's a 90 day consultation period which doevetails nicely with the 'most of the mobile workforce will go' news and has the added benefit that we'll all hear if we've got jobs or not just before Christmas. Thanks guys.

In other news, received a few days later, we're all urged to pull together to ensure our CEO (who has decided to retire at an age most of us will only be able to dream of retiring at) leaves on a high note with an excellent set of financial year end figures, his Ferrari collection and helicopter....

Of course we're all delighted to help him leave on a high note as I'm sure he would want us to.

Now, all together, we're headed for the bottom, Dive Dive Dive...

5 comments:

Helga Hansen said...

That sucks... what an utter bummer. Don't know what else to say - I don't know how you're feeling, but I can just imagine.

PS. Feel free to use other shoulders when you need to give yours a little rest, okay?

Carnalis said...

oh oh oh

i'm sorry. You need another job, regardless of what happens now x

JW said...

There's a strange belief among certain executives that loyalty is a one-way thing.

Or perhaps it's just that they think that you'll all strive to outdo each other in the hope that you'll be the one to survive the latest cull.

What your bosses need is a crash-course in psychology. And what you need, by the sounds of it, is a new job.

I can only wish you the best of luck in finding it ...

Ceeej said...

Thank you all, yes, I need a new job, perhaps a new location too.

Ro, I think a crash course in psychology is just one of the things they need.

ShySarah said...

Sometimes these things happen for a reason.

Like when you pile sh*t on a rosebush it has more flowers the next year.... Maybe next year you will be blooming with more colour and joy than ever before?

Have faith we are never given more than we can handle and you never have to handle things alone x