Saturday, 3 July 2010

Cursed...

Not long after I read a tweet from a friend about a freezer failure destroying all his food, I find my freezer has failed too...

Salmon, duck, steak, chicken, lamb, meals I'd prepared, in the bin.

Nuts.

Great big hairy ones.

8 comments:

JW said...

Not good. Not at all good.

Perhaps computer viruses have mutated and have somehow made the leap over to other electronic devices?

Helga Hansen said...

Ah, bummer! Insurance? Or is it one of those "the excess costs more than the actual contents of the freezer"? Guess you're going to have to start cooking all over again, eh?

Ceeej said...

Ro, I'd start worrying now, it's ROTM...


Helga, I'm probably a bit over insured, having checked now, there is no excess but next year...

The bright side of all this is that the freezer is defrosted, disinfected and clean, the last random pea has been teased from its hiding place and a new control board has been ordered. Eye wateringly expensive given the cost of the components on it but still far cheaper than a new freezer.

ShySarah said...

Mmm well things come in threes so now you have me worrying freezer failure-itis might strike mine too.

Joanna Cake said...

Probably too late to tell you but, providing it hadn't sat around defrosted for too long, if the meat was raw, you could have cooked it and then frozen it as ready meals.

JW said...

ROTM?

Well, I guess it had to happen eventually. I wonder if it's too late for me to learn about weaponry, explosive and survivalism ...

Ceeej said...

Joanna, I did think of it but some of the meat was room temperature so I think it was a bit far gone.

Ro, perhaps so, maybe not on the 'net though.. Apparently you can get into a bit of trouble doing that...

Carnalis said...

darn


I left my back door open, and the iron on when i went to work this morning .. am scared to go check the freezer now.