Sunday, 6 June 2010

Summertime

Well almost, we've been lucky to have great weather over the past few weeks but today I'm looking at a grey and rainy day outside of my doors.

Which might be a welcome break, I know when the temperature is in the mid to high 20's as it has been over the last week I find it very difficult to sleep well and after a few days, unless I manage to steal an extra hour or two's sleep here or there, it leaves me a little short tempered, headachey and generally somewhat sub par, it becomes a conscious effort to concentrate on the task at hand.

It's been one of those weeks, coupled with the threat of redundancy (again) and a few generally more stressful than usual jobs plus some early morning starts I've been a little irritable. There is some good news on the horizon, I'm about to start some training which I think will turn out to be most satisfactory, holidays are getting ever closer and the usual lack of money/time appears to be easing that'lldonicelythankyouverymuchindeed.

All I need now is a few more hours of sleep.


A picture...




Apologies for the quality, it's from a camera phone.

4 comments:

Helga Hansen said...

Don't forget that in summertime living is easy, fish jump and the cotton gets high... :)

Enjoy it, the long nights will be back soon!

Ceeej said...

Oooh, you could write a song about that I bet...

I do enjoy the sun but the nights can be difficult.

Odd Bob said...

I toally agree with you on the sleepless nights thing. I have a slightly different problem though. Come 4am sunrise i am wide awake and wishing I had better curtains:S And yet I still haven't gotten around to buying new ones...

Ceeej said...

Ah, I'm lucky, the sun hits the back of the house first so I don't get woken too early by daylight.