I sit down to write something, someone or something comes along and distracts me.
I'm going to lock all the doors, give the dog a juicy bone, stop the clocks. Wait, that's something completely different..
No, later tonight, now that I've finished all the washing and packing away of clothes, found space for the new set of buckets and spades (It's rapidly turned into a tradition that I forget the old ones and have to buy new every time we go to the beach, soon I'll be able to start selling second hand beach toys in bulk) I'm going to turn off the 'phone, pull the curtains and sit down to write a proper blog post.
I'm back to work today, currently I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing, I expect that will change soon enough but for now, I'm sat drinking coffee with the last of the Cornish milk and eating toast with marmalade.
5 comments:
I know it's nice to have a holiday, but sometimes it's even nicer to be home. Welcome back, and hope you're feeling suitably rested!
PS. WV = duckin - is this what you do in the bath? :D
hehehehe....I remember those days of the buckets and spades. always kicking yourself when you forget them. I L.O.V.E Cornwall. Reminds me of back home. I try to go there every couple of years (Cornwall as well, lol!)
Helga, suitably rested but counting down 'til the next one now (end of May hoefully) and then 'til the big one in August then it's all downhill to Christmas.
Vi, welcome, stay a while, look around. It's not very capacious yet but bear with me.. Hijack a toddler from somewhere and find a beach, go on, you know you want to.
i can't imagine a proper holiday without a bucket.
Carnalis, I can't remember a holiday without one :-)
Post a Comment