I'm on holiday but taking advantage of a brief period of WiFi reliability and quiet.
It looks like the bad weather has broken, whisper it very quietly just in case the gods of rain are listening. Today kept it's promise of sunshine (I hope making it's way eastwards as a birthday present for someone else on holiday, Happy Birthday and hopefully you're feeling much much better today, I'd have sent a card but, well... ).
Quiet doesn't begin to describe the locale, there's no mobile signal unless you hang out of the bathroom window with your feet in the bath and backside in the air. I'm fairly sure that isn't covered in the owner's manual or the safety guide for the accomodation either (Apparently, in case of fire I'm to leave the building by the nearest exit before moving a safe distance away and calling the fire service, well, thanks, I'd have not worked that out for myself if you hadn't told me). Which makes for a quiet time, the 'phone isn't ringing, it rarely beeps for text messages and I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of grown up conversation.
Today's been glorious, a full day on the beach building 'dad' castles as Helga terms them. No embedded horse or donkey droppings as defense against nasty boys so we lost one to the bad boys I'm afraid but the two enthusiastic, sticky, sandy children kept finding new friends to play with and pressgang into castle building so we more than kept up with the damage.
A quick shower, some food and then an early night for them before repeating again tomorrow.
I think I'll take the covers off the hot tub later..

4 comments:
I'm so glad it's all working out - nothing worse than going on holiday, and wishing you were back home because it's just so pants!
'Dad' castles are the best *sigh* it's so long since I've been to a sandy beach!!
Sounds like you're enjoying your break, despite the lack of grown-up conversation. Perhaps you need to invite someone to share your hot tub?
Here's hoping the weather remains good for the rest of your stay :-)
I too am frustrated over poor phone signals. Surely it should all be fixed by now - why is the seaside so badly covered?!
Hot tub? *sigh* I'm sure that would help my neck ..
Helga, you have no excuse, you're only 2 and a bit hours from *the* best beaches in the UK. I was most definitely not wishing I was back home, I was trying to work out how to stay longer (watch this space, I may have worked it out)
Ro, it did, it was wonderful. Which made it even harder to leave :-(
Carnalis, the lack of signal was a mixed blessing, whilst I couldn't be contacted by work it also meant that my opportunities for phone calls I wanted to make were few and far between. Perhaps next time I have a hot tub and you have a bad shoulder (not that I'd wish a bad shoulder for you)?
Post a Comment