I'm not what you'd call a political sophisticate, I have no clear allegiance to any one party and I seem to sit pretty much square in the ever decreasing no man's land between the three main parties. I do get lots of time to think (which can be a bit of a problem sometimes) as I'm navigating my way around the UK motorway network. Unless something *really* vexes me, I try to avoid politics in conversation, that way madness lies and a person can lose friends easily so I try to keep my opinions to myself.
Listening to the budget being read out yesterday the overwhelming feeling was of 'so what'. I don't drink cider (or much else besides), I don't smoke (anymore), the company pays for the fuel I use, I'm not a first time buyer, nobody is at death's door, I don't earn enough to be affected by the punishment of the well paid, etc.etc.
So I gracefully glide over the top of the budget (as gracefully as one can on the M6 anyway), largely unaffected (directly) by anything in it but astounded by the behaviour of our elected representatives, do we really vote for these schoolchildren?
Is the mother of all parliaments really inhabited by such an uncouth and impolite flange of baboons (or is that a whoop of baboons and a flange of gorillas, Gerald?) whooping and yelping every time the dominant male opens his mouth? Perhaps some sort of Simpson-esque electric shock therapy could be implemented?
Quite honestly I think detention and lines are too good for them and corporal punishment is a perk claimed on expenses.
4 comments:
I take it that you know that "flange of gorillas" was a term made up for Not The Nine O'Clock News, but that it's now been adopted into the language of naturists? Or was that naturalists? I always get those two confused ... which can get pretty embarrassing ;-)
Not detention, lines or corporal punishment? How about collecting litter in the school playground during break? Or sanding the graffiti off the desks?
Don't naturalists watch naturists?
I'm all for the collecting litter thing, as long as they get to wear those lovely orange Community Payback jackets. It'd be nice to see them putting something back into the community.
~Makes mental note in brain never to discuss politics/Question Time/This Week with Ceeej~
There. Done. Now, what shall we talk about? There's sex, or religion left...
Sex or religion, hmm, decisions decisions....
Post a Comment