The public health warning.
Given that the release of another blogger book is imminent (congratulations JonnyB, the book), I feel it only fair to pass on some advice to the numerous semi literate authors of dodgy fantasy sex blogs.
The apocryphal quote 'Everyone has a book in them' is not true and isn't meant to be taken literally, no amount of gushing, dripping, dribbling, steaming wetness or axle grease will make this possible (unless it's an extremely small book but I feel sure the library would complain anyway) and it should not be attempted.
If you think you have a book inside you then please seek medical advice immediately. Perhaps one of the ambulance bloggers can help (that is if they haven't all disappeared up their own fundament after getting their own books published).
(With apologies to Luka Bazooka for the poor imitation of her inimitable style and wit)
5 comments:
"Everyone has a book in them. In most cases, that's exactly where it should stay".
Now, if I could only remember who said that first.
And now I must get back to writing what will be my best-selling novel (with only the most minimal level of sexual content) ;-)
Oddly enough... I've seen a blog somewhere on my reading travels, where the blogger has had her blog printed into a book, year by year, complete with text, photos, the lot.
So, technically...
Don't worry, I'm not planning to do it!! :D
I like JohnnyB but I do have a due sense of dread and foreboding at the forthcoming weeks of self promotion and subsequent cessation of interesting, funny blog posts. Also, the continued success of these A-list bloggers in securing a book deal means that even more illiterate no-hopers will be encouraged to start a blog, hoping to find their way to publication. Though, actually, that's a good thing as it provides plenty of material for the Boudoir.
Ro, more sex, art doesn't have to imitate life, leastways not my life.
Helga, Amazing what vanity publishing can do for a person.
Luka, I can live with the self promotion for a short while, good luck to him if he makes a few quid out of it. Unless there's a good reason I've missed, I find it a little odd that he's chosen to come out of the blog closet and write under his real name though. Almost as if the blog was a means to an end? Hopefully it doesn't signal his departure on a canal journey but only time will tell.
More fodder for the boudoir can only be a good thing, long live the boudoir.
Post a Comment