Fate is a strange thing, before my weekend plans came tumbling down I had intended to dust off one or more of my kites and find a quiet beach to fly them on.
I realised on Friday afternoon that I'd read a rota incorrectly and it was my turn to be on call this weekend, not next so that ruled out any arm stretching and upper body workout on the beach for me today.
After the usual trivial problems I got a phone call requesting my skills at a seaside resort famed for rock, stag nights, drunken gangs and latterly, its part in the revival of ballroom dancing in popular culture.
So, I at least got a walk on the beach and I learned an important lesson, if you're going to make an effort to carry a nice camera with you, it's well worth the miniscule extra effort to make sure it's got a memory card in it. Doh. Shame, there were some nice silhouettes which I think might have looked rather good set against the backdrop of a silver sky and the sea.
Feeling much better, I don't often do the self indulgence thing (at least, I try not to, sometimes it just happens), my apologies.
3 comments:
I can honestly say I've never forgotten the memory card in my camera, largely because I have nowhere sensible to store the cards except in the devices they're used with.
On the other hand, I did once go out to play Ace Photographer without a battery in my camera. And this camera, incidentally, wasn't the kind you can just shove a handful of AAs into!
Self-indulgence is fine every now and then ... and where better to indulge yourself than on your own blog? :-)
I know what to buy you for Christmas now ;-) SD card holders so you can lose more cards...
Like my D50 but the battery life is so good it rarely gets removed for charging.
Hopefully if the self indulgence kicks in too often and/or I start to disappear up my own fundament, someone will be good enough to tell me.
*sob* You mentioned the "camera" word - mine's broke... and so am I. Drat!
Post a Comment