Friday morning, shave, shower, dressed.
Homemade bread, toasted, buttered and generously coated in bittersweet marmalade with chunks of peel, deliciously bitter little bombs of flavour.
Coffee, black, brewed fresh from the tin of American coffee that makes me jittery if I have more than two small cups.
French doors opened to the garden let in fresh spring air and birdsong.
iPod charged and loaded for the day so no sneaky radio ad catches me out in an unguarded moment.
Today is going to be a good day. I've made my mind up.
5 comments:
did it pan out the way you wished?
I miss home baked bread, so much. If i, somehow, was allowed to eat the wheat again .. i would bake bagels. And sunflower seed and honey loaves, ciabatta and cheese scone circles.
I can only hope that you were right :-)
As it happens I firmly believe that we can influence the way we perceive the day by deciding how we're going to. I have, consequently, moved from a self-declared realist (ie, a bloody pessimist) to a determined optimist.
It works. Most of the time!
Life sounds rather idyllic up north. Hope the day was as good as you were hoping it would be!
It was a good day, the feeling of sinking has gone away in short order (it usually does). The bread was awful, unpalateable, even the birds refused it, honestly..
Ro, I'm with you on that, I agree that your attitude determines to a large degree the kind of day you have, I've never worked out if it really affects things or just your perception of them.
Helga, Ssshhhh, it is idyllic up here, all that 'grim up north' stuff is put about to keep it for us northerners.
Oh, I know how nice it is up there. My mum lives in Derbyshire, right on the edge of the Peak District National Park, and I love it up there. I have my favourite bench, atop a hill, with a fabulous view stretching for miles!
Post a Comment