Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Some days




I love my job.  This was the view from my 'office' yesterday afternoon.

The picture doesn't do it justice, I'm afraid the camera on my mobile is not very good.
I've made a mental note to start carrying a better camera.
Wonder what the camera on my new mobile will be like when it arrives?

(For anyone who was curious, the picture on the title of the blog is a sunset at one of my favourite places.)

4 comments:

Helga Hansen said...

Living somewhere with a view is good. My favourite view is the one where I get to see both Severn bridges - old and new next to one another, and my heart lies with the old - although the new one is pretty different!

You've just reminded me I need to start saving for a new camera - mine died last year... :(

JW said...

And my camera died earlier this year. Given that I list one of my hobbies as photography (possibly my only real hobby) this is a definite minus.

Ceeej said...

Helga, my favourite view is the banner pic on the heading. It's sunset over Perranporth beach. I could happily watch that every night although I'd settle for almost anywhere Cornish.

Ro, I can see how it could place a subtle crimp in your hobby activity, not actually having a camera.

JW said...

If I could be bothered I'd spin some BS to explain that, in fact, the absence of a camera was proving quite useful in that it encourages me to think about what shots I would take rather than just snapping away. I'm encouraged to think carefully about light and shade, about colour, about shapes, about the way that different times of day and different weather conditions affect the quality of the light and the obtrusiveness of shadows. I can take the time to consider the perfect angle. I can consider the way that different lens lengths and different combinations of exposure and aperture would affect the more subtle aspects of the finished photograph. When I next get a camera, my creative output will be hugely improved.

But I really can't be bothered ...