A while ago I decided I was going to have fun.
There should always be room for fun, if there's no fun what exactly is the point? Sure, you can keep score by counting your money, you can track progress by your 'position' in life but where's the fun? Life is, in the grand scheme of things, short so why not enjoy yourself while you're on the journey?
No more, it's has consequences and it's not me either...
4 comments:
I couldn't agree more. We need a certain amount of money but research has shown what most of us know deep-down anyway: that, beyond a certain point, the law of diminishing returns kicks in - every extra pound brings a little less extra happiness than the previous one.
From memory, this starts at around £23,000 per annum.
I decided some time ago to stop being a realist (the pessimist's term for a pessimist) and be determinedly optimistic. It doesn't always work but on the whole life has seemed a lot brighter ever since.
I'd add a little quotation I heard recently: "dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow".
How's your quest for fun working out?
I'd be happy to help conduct the next round of that research if it meant they'd offer me a pay rise...
Fun is where you can find it, I try hard not to be a pessimist.
Just remember, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
Luka, indeed.
Post a Comment